Sunday, January 23, 2011

Well, Well, Well, This is a Nice Surprise

Okay, not really a surprise because I was told beforehand that this would happen.  But still.


I hope you still remember my first review of a book by a Filipino author (in this case 'a book by Filipino authors'):  Angelica's Daughters: A Dugtungan Novel by Cecilia Brainard, Erma Cuizon, Susan Evangelista, Veronica Montes and Nadine Sarreal.  Veronica Montes, one of the authors, found my review and commented on my blog that she would like to include the review in the blog for Angelica's Daughters, of course I agreed (who wouldn't?) and then life happened so I forgot about it.

Then, while looking through stuff in my blog, I suddenly remembered about that and I checked out their blog.  I was not surprised to see my review featured, but I'm very surprised at what Veronica had to say about my blog and my review:

I have to admit I didn’t realize that there’s a whole world of Filipino book bloggers out there! Nina B. is one such, and I am in serious shock and awe at how many books she reads. Her tastes are wide-ranging, it seems, and it’s just fun to run across someone who reads purely for the joy of reading. Anyways, I saw her review of Angelica’s Daughters on Good Reads, and I followed my way to her blog (Brush Up On Your Reading—how cute is that?), where she also posted it...

You can read the rest of the post and the part they liked most in my review here

Again, I would like to give the biggest thanks for the feature
Thank you very much from me and ARGH!




2 comments:

  1. my my! what a surprise indeed! i had a feeling somehow that you are a Filipino too! i don't know why but felt a connection. ayos! c",)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, how nice! I can imagine how great you felt :)

    ReplyDelete

I just have to tell you, ARGH feeds on awesomeness, so if you can, drop him some awesome here, and I promise to give some awesome back :D

Right now, because of my really busy schedule, I'm cutting back on receiving awards. So until further notice, me and ARGH would not be accepting awards. But thank you for thinking of us, we really appreciate it!