Friday, January 28, 2011

Crazy Follow Friday and Weekly Book Report



What a week huh?  I know you must be tired of reading of me complain every week how busy I am but it's true.  I don't know if mental illness has a peak and off peak season, but lately I've been swamped with more patients that I know what to do with, and although it's great that the place where I work would never run out of business at the number of patients it takes in daily, but it's very sad that a growing number of people are going - literally - crazy.  

But not to ruin your weekend madness, let's go on to celebrating our best day of the week, Friday!

Follow Friday is a meme hosted by Parajunkee's Views.  This week's question:

What is your favorite subject in high school?

I will always remember my signature in the journals we had to complete way back:  "English is my favorite subject"  And it was, sort of.  I was never the grammar girl, but I loved the writing exercises, the stories we had to read, and the topics for discussion that our teacher came up with.  

Another subject I loved?  Math.  I totally sucked in Algebra, but I breezed through Calculus and Trigonometry.  It's strange considering that Algebra is supposed to be the foundation of all Math branches.  I also loved the Sciences, especially Chemistry.

Happy Friday to everyone, and don't go crazy!

-----


Here's a recap of this week's posts: 


Book Review:  
Back In The Game by Holly Chamberlin 
Seducing Mr. Darcy by Gwyn Cready 
If I Stay by Gayle Forman 
Izzy's Popstar Plan by Alex Marestaing
                     
Memes:
 
10 Good Things on a Monday:  Favorite Books of All Time  
Teaser TuesdayThe Sweetheart Season by Karen Joy Fowler 
Third Sentence ThursdayIzzy's Popstar Plan by Alex Marestaing

Miscellaneous Posts:

Well, Well, Well This is a Nice Surprise - one of my book reviews was featured in the author's blog!
Nina vs. ARGH:  First Person Narrative vs. Third Person Narration


New Books this Week:

  Purchased:
     Printed:   
                 Still Alice by Lisa Genova   For Review:
     From the author:   

                 Evolution of Insanity by Haresh Daswani



 

 

6 comments:

  1. Hehe I love your header! The little monster :D

    I'm your newest follower :)

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower! Check out my blog when you get the chance? :)

    http://bethebooks.blogspot.com/

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the future, I'll help you with algebra if you'll help me with calculus. I love anything mathematical except calculus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I'm a new follower! Check me out at www.phaedrashowandtell.blogspot.com
    p.s. You like the same stuff as me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your monster is so cute , I am a History Buff- type that watches the History channel lol. Have a great weekend!

    My FF and Blog hops

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU BREEZED THROUGH CALCULUS? Omg, I was so bad at it. But I think it had a lot to do with the point in school when I took it. I thought I was way too cool for math. How silly of me!!!!

    I love your recap! I started doing them too. I'm going to do it tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete

I just have to tell you, ARGH feeds on awesomeness, so if you can, drop him some awesome here, and I promise to give some awesome back :D

Right now, because of my really busy schedule, I'm cutting back on receiving awards. So until further notice, me and ARGH would not be accepting awards. But thank you for thinking of us, we really appreciate it!