Thursday, January 20, 2011

Third Sentence Thursday

Third Sentence Thursday

Third Sentence Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Sniffly Kitty's Mostly Books for treating third sentences with the dignity they deserve!

This week's theme is Third Sentence Review.

1) Take the book you are reading now and post the third sentence
2) Review this sentence anyway you want (funny and silly reviews encouraged)
3) Post a link to your sentence here or if you don't have a blog, just post it in the comments!
4) Prepare for next week's theme: Third Sentence Review

My Third Sentence for this week is from Me, Dead Dad & Alcatraz by Chris Lynch:


"I am not crying; I am not pregnant; I am big boned.  I am splashing water on my face because I am hot, not for any other reason."

 -page 53, Me, Dead Dad & Alcatraz by Chris Lynch

Review:  Reading through most of this book, I know that this character is sort of self-centered and constantly in denial.  The problem here is that he had his hair styled differently and it did not come out right.  The character then tries to shrug it off and pretend to be indifferent when in fact the hair has been bothering him a lot, and because he hates being put on the spot or being the butt of jokes, yet too weak/cowardly to do anything about it.
 

2 comments:

  1. hi Nina! i found your 3rd sentence amusing because it reminded me of one my favorite cartoon characters - Johnny Bravo. c",) here's mine:
    http://aobibliosphere.blogspot.com/2011/01/8th-third-sentence-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi again Nina! thanks for stopping by my blog. what my heroine found was something i myself did not expect. it wasn't her love interest that much i can tell you. lol! thanks again & say hi to ARGH for me. (hope ARGH's in a good mood) c",)

    ReplyDelete

I just have to tell you, ARGH feeds on awesomeness, so if you can, drop him some awesome here, and I promise to give some awesome back :D

Right now, because of my really busy schedule, I'm cutting back on receiving awards. So until further notice, me and ARGH would not be accepting awards. But thank you for thinking of us, we really appreciate it!