Sunday, January 9, 2011

First Week of 2011 in Books


First week of 2011:  Done!  Hi everybody, it's time to do a recap of the first-ever fabulous week of 2011 and if you ask me to describe it in one word:  Totally Rockin'.  

Okay, so that's two words.  I should have said describe it in two words.  Sorry. :D

But you know, that's my point.  The excitement of the first week of this new year is so terrific you can't contain its awesomeness in just one word!  And although it's not perfectly perfect every second, I have this belief that if you feel awesome the first week of the year, you get awesome the whole year so that's what I'm doing.  But that's not to say there wasn't really anything great that happened - there were TONS of it like you wouldn't believe!  I can't share most of them because there wouldn't be enough space on here to write them all down, but with regard to this book blog, here are some of the great things that made 2011 fantastic so far:

New Books!
  Purchased:
     Printed:  
        Close-Up by Sherry Ashworth
        Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte - because I'm going to keep my promise to read those books I listed on this week's 10 Good Things on a Monday.
        The Sweetheart Season by Karen Joy Fowler
        Me, Dead Dad, and Alcatraz by Chris Lynch   
        
     Ebooks:
        Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
        Seducing Mr. Darcy by Gwen Cready
       Forget You by Jennifer Echols
       The Duff by Kody Keplinger
   
  For Review from NetGalley:
    This Girl is Different by JJ Johnson

Books Reviewed:
After by Amy Efaw
I, Emma Freke by Elizabeth Atkinson
Tokyo Cancelled by Rana Dasgupta
Somebody Else's Daughter by Elizabeth Brundage

Upcoming Review:
Prom by Laurie Halse Anderson - I'm supposed to write it now but I can't seem to organize my thoughts about it so I'll give it another day.

Memes:
10 Good Things on a Monday - Must-read books I have never read EVER

Miscellaneous Posts:
A Heads Up on Changes for 2011 - Discussed some changes on my review format for the book info and for the rating - ARGH is now prominently featured as the one giving the scores.
Guess What? Richard L. Mabry, M.D. the author of Diagnosis Death commented on my book review of his book.  Not a big deal but got very excited about it.
Nina vs. ARGH - A discussion of which book cover for Dash and Lily's Book of Dares - US or Aussie - readers favor.
Be A Newbery Blogger - About joining The Newbery Project in reading and reviewing Newbery Medal awardees.

Currently Reading:
Close-Up by Sherry Ashworth
In Office Hours by Lucy Kellaway - ARC from NetGalley



4 comments:

  1. Yay for Wuthering Heights! I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I hope so too! My mom's totally excited :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I loved The DUFF, people either seem to love it or hate it. Happy reading, and cheers to another awesome month next month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to let you know I gave you the Stylish Blogger Award on my blog! Check out this post for more details.
    Stylish Blogger Award

    Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete

I just have to tell you, ARGH feeds on awesomeness, so if you can, drop him some awesome here, and I promise to give some awesome back :D

Right now, because of my really busy schedule, I'm cutting back on receiving awards. So until further notice, me and ARGH would not be accepting awards. But thank you for thinking of us, we really appreciate it!