Monday, January 3, 2011

10 Good Things on a Monday!

10 Good Things on a Monday is a weekly meme I am doing dedicated to every person's compulsive list-writing.  Every Monday we are going to make a list of 10 things that will cheer us up and help us tide over the whole week.


Here's how it works:
  1. Think of a particular group of good things you want to make a list on, does not necessarily have to be about books, e.g. your current book wish list, or your favorite book foods (you know, foods you love to eat while reading, if you're like me), or your favorite girly names, whatever you can think of, as long as it makes you feel good.
  2. If you have no ideas for a list, you can always visit my blog post to check out my theme for that week and you can take a cue from my list.
  3. Post your list on your blog, grab that cute ARGH button above and put it on your post too, so we'd know you're doing this meme.
  4. Leave the link for your post on my own 10 Good Things post for the week, if you see others doing it, comment too and let's share our good things with everybody.
  5. Everybody goes through the whole week happy!
----------

My 10 Good Things for this weekMust-read books that I have yet to read

Because it's now officially 2011, I decided that one of my New Year's Resolution would be to read more. It might seem that I have been reading a lot, why would I put up a blog dedicated to books anyway, but really, there are a lot of books out there that most people are supposed to have read but I haven't. When you get to my list, you'll see what I mean.

So here goes:


1. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

2. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee

3. Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway

4. Animal Farm by George Orwell

5. Atonement by Ian McEwan

6. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins

7. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

8. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte - Already done with this!  Read my review of this book.

9. A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess

10. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.



You're probably gasping or holding your hand to your mouth, or your jaws have fallen to the floor, eyes bulging. I know, I'm horrible, but really, I haven't read them, and I will try to read them this year. I promise.


even ARGH is shocked!

If you have any other suggestions, you may also write them on the comments below.

A Happy New Year to everybody!




8 comments:

  1. Well, I guess I'm only a little shocked. I haven't read a few of those either. I love the covers you found for Jane Eyre and The Bell Jar. Makes me want to try to read them again. My MOM actually made me read both of those books. Not school! Can you imagine?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my jeebus!! My jaws fell to the floor, my eyes bulged, and I just screamed like a black woman. Giiiirl, you need to get on this list... and soon! Or else I'll kidnap ARGH!

    Admittedly, I haven't read all of these, either. But I've read a great deal of them. (1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 9 - and seen the movie of 5 but I'm guessing that doesn't count LOL - if you're wondering). But wow, really, Animal Farm was one of my favorites. The Bell jar, as well. And A Clockwork Orange. And To Kill a Mockingbird. Okay fine, I loved all of them. XD READ THEM! *threatens* ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me about 17 attempts to read One Hundred Years of Solitude and I really didn't think it was worth it.

    Love In The Time Of Cholera, on the other hand, is INCREDIBLE, so if you haven't read anything by GGM I'd recommend that one instead personally...

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I have something nice to say about my Monday :( Hopefully I can participate next week!I love The Atonement (the movie hehe.. haven't read the book yet, though).

    Btw, I'm a new blogger. I think your blog's really nice so I decided to follow you. Feel free to visit mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, my jaw is NOT dropping. Jane Eyre and The Woman in White are two books I keep meaning to read but haven't yet. Maybe this year? :P

    I definitely recommend Wuthering Heights. It was a lot of fun. Everyone is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's a great list! I"m currently reading the woman in white for a readalong although I'm thinking I may not finish it in time, but really enjoying it. I've also read Clockwork and Animal Farm and The Bell Jar, but there are so many classics I haven't read including anything by Austen or the Brontes so I am definitely lacking in that area of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aha! Well, I fared slightly better on this list. I've read To Kill a Mockingbird (which is superb) and Animal Farm (which is super short). Still need to read the rest of these myself!

    ReplyDelete

I just have to tell you, ARGH feeds on awesomeness, so if you can, drop him some awesome here, and I promise to give some awesome back :D

Right now, because of my really busy schedule, I'm cutting back on receiving awards. So until further notice, me and ARGH would not be accepting awards. But thank you for thinking of us, we really appreciate it!