Monday, January 10, 2011

The Stylish Blogger Award


So ARGH and I were just minding our own business when we saw a comment on one of my blog posts and a message in the mail:  SimplyMe of Simply Me, A Book Addict and the Mad Scientist of Steampunkery and Book Reviews have just given us the Stylish Blogger Award!  ARGH was like:

  what a big mouth!

And then he was like:


We're so surprised and so happy about this award!  Who knew we've got style? :D  And so we'd like to tell SimplyMe and the Mad Scientist and all our other followers who loves us:
As with every award, there are certain rules that need to be observed:

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.

Seven things about myself:
  1. Because I so badly wanted to fit in when I was in sixth grade - when the cool crowd all wore glasses, I wore my mother's old 250/20 prescription glasses to school for a week.  I was given my own glasses at the start of high school and by then, the obsession to wear glasses has worn off.  I now have 150/20 vision both eyes.  
  2. When I was four years old, I used to fancy joining those Little Miss competitions and I would practice my routine in front of my grandmother.  I would always sing Whitney Houston's One Moment in Time for the talent portion.
  3. I love mixing Nutella with dark chocolate spread.
  4. While other kids have their 'blankie' or their dollies, I have my own very long pillow that I couldn't sleep without.  Until now.  But no, it's not the same pillow that I had when I was younger, I do change it when it's really old.  I call those pillows 'Mr. Bolster' because they bolster my ability to sleep.
  5. I can easily remember numbers off the top of my head more than words.  Example:  I know every cellphone number on my phone book without memorizing them, but I have to memorize a short poem for an hour.
  6. I have a younger brother who's taller than me and sometimes, older people who have bad eyes always mistake him as the older kid.
  7. I am crazy for the band, Taken by Cars.
ARGH wanted in on the fun too, but he could only think of three things:
  1. His body is like a sponge, any object would just bounce off his body.
  2. He loves to eat spaghetti and meatballs.
  3. He thinks zombies are missing too much out of life to go walking around all day craving for brains.

And now passing this award to these Awesome and Oh-so Stylish blogs I've recently discovered:


Again, thank you, and to the bloggers I'm passing this award on to, Congratulations!  Let's all keep rockin' and stay stylish :D

10 comments:

  1. ^-^ wish my posts could be that amusing! Did you draw them?

    Thanks so much for awarding me :) I'm glad you like my blog!

    Congratz on getting the award yourself, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Glad you found it funny... And yes, I drew him using MS Paint and Picnik.com :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha ARGH looks so funny! Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for awarding me (I'm really honored), but I don't accept blog awards. Congrats on the award, yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Congrats Nina! You SO deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nina, you're awesome! Thanks so much for taking the time to think of me! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Nina! That's right, you SO deserve it..and those cute little monsters too haha! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank You for the award! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

I just have to tell you, ARGH feeds on awesomeness, so if you can, drop him some awesome here, and I promise to give some awesome back :D

Right now, because of my really busy schedule, I'm cutting back on receiving awards. So until further notice, me and ARGH would not be accepting awards. But thank you for thinking of us, we really appreciate it!