Thursday, January 6, 2011

Third Sentence Thursday

Third Sentence Thursday

Third Sentence Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Sniffly Kitty's Mostly Books for treating third sentences with the dignity they deserve!

This week's theme is Weirdest Third Sentence!

1) Take the book you are reading now and post the third sentence
2) Review this sentence anyway you want (funny and silly reviews encouraged)
3) Post a link to your sentence here or if you don't have a blog, just post it in the comments!
4) Prepare for next week's theme: TBA

My Third Sentence for this week is from Tokyo Cancelled by Rana Dasgupta:




"I seek a word.  A word for a friend of mine who is dying.  He needs it to die in piece."

 -page 277, tenth story, The Changeling from Tokyo Cancelled by Rana Dasgupta


 

2 comments:

  1. Your sentences make me feel sad~~ but how can a word bring peace?

    Thank you for sharing!

    Sniffly Kitty
    Sniffly Kitty's Mostly Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Nina. weird as your sentence may sound but i think i understand what the author is trying to say. words of comfort perhaps like - i love you, i forgive you or thank you for everything may mean so much to one who is dying. here's my 3rd sentence:
    http://aobibliosphere.blogspot.com/2011/01/6th-third-sentence-thursday.htm

    ReplyDelete

I just have to tell you, ARGH feeds on awesomeness, so if you can, drop him some awesome here, and I promise to give some awesome back :D

Right now, because of my really busy schedule, I'm cutting back on receiving awards. So until further notice, me and ARGH would not be accepting awards. But thank you for thinking of us, we really appreciate it!