Thursday, December 30, 2010

I Finally Found the Reading Challenges for Me!




I finally found a reading challenge I can do!  Yay‼  Katy from A Few More Pages is hosting the 2011 Seconds Challenge.  I've read books from some authors that makes me want to go read their other works but I never get around to doing it.  This might help me with that and hey, an excuse to read more books is always welcome, right?

For this challenge, because I don't want to go way over my head, I'm going to do the second level:  A Few More Bites which requires me to read six books.

Actually, I already have two books I could line up on this challenge!  I promise not to read them until January 1, 2011 (as if I can read them before 2010 ends):

Prom by Laurie Halse Anderson
An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
Sea Glass by Anita Shreve
The Last Summer (of You and Me) by Ann Brashares
The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon



I'm going to add to the list as I go, but at least I already have two five prepared, three of which are already done.  I'm so excited!

Also, since I'm going to get into these reading challenges, I've decided to join Lazy Girl Reads' Mini Book Challenge for 2011 that runs from January to April 2011. 


Basically you have to read four books that have each of the following themes:

1.  Something old - Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
2.  Something new - Plan B by Charnan Simon
3.  Something borrowed - My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares
4.  Something blue - Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenneger

I thought it would be fairly easy to complete but I'll make up my book list as I go, I have a few titles in mind already but I thought I could give it a little time, I might find better books for this one :D DONE!!!

Here is the award that Lah from Lazy Girl Reads sent everyone who completed this challenge, which includes me :D




So there you have it, two reading challenges for 2011.  Might not be much, but I just wanted to wade in the water for a while.  I don't want to sign up for more than I could handle as I can become impossibly busy sometimes.


2 comments:

  1. Nina!! I'm hopping by to tell you that there's a linky that you can put your reviews in on my page now:

    http://lazygirlreads.blogspot.com/2011/01/mini-challenge-2011-post-link-page.html

    I've also added a little random prize at the end to show my gratitude of you all doing my challenge!!

    xo,
    Lah

    ReplyDelete

I just have to tell you, ARGH feeds on awesomeness, so if you can, drop him some awesome here, and I promise to give some awesome back :D

Right now, because of my really busy schedule, I'm cutting back on receiving awards. So until further notice, me and ARGH would not be accepting awards. But thank you for thinking of us, we really appreciate it!