Friday, December 31, 2010

Follow New Year's Eve Friday!



Finally it's Friday again, and literally the end of 2010!  Next week it's going to be a new year and it will be fabulously awesome!

I have a joke with my friends:  Every time they ask me when we can go out again, which is usually Saturday next week - I'm passing this Saturday because that's the New Year - I only have one reply for them:  I'll see you guys next year.  Heh.  Do you have any New Year joke you love to make?

Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee's Views and this week, the question is:

  What are your new years book blogging resolutions?

Mine:

1.  Read more.  I bet you think this is not possible because everyone on here are reading more.  What I'm saying is that, I may have read a lot, but not enough.  I haven't even read To Kill A Mockingbird for cryin' out loud!  (More on this disgraceful fault on another post.)
2.  Keep an open mind on other genres.  As you probably know, I'm not much for paranormal fiction, sci-fi, and series in general.  I will try to explore other genres more, who knows?  I might like them.
3.  Read and review more Filipino authors.
4.  Come up with more creative ways to review books.  I've tried writing an open letter, fictional conversations, and the typical style review.  I like stirring things up and would love to look for other ways I could do that.
5.  Stop.  Splurging.  On.  Books.  I need money for other stuff too.  :D

That's it!  HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

12 comments:

  1. Wow, if I was creative enough, I would love to do #4, as well. Unfortunately for me, I'm not :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not underestimate yourself! You might surprise yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old follower just stopping by to check out your resolutions.

    Happy New Years!
    ~Inspired Kathy
    I Am A Reader, Not a Writer's Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, very cool. I'm going to study some of your creative review formats and try those on for myself!

    I also tell my friends and family "see you next year!" haha I thought i was clever & original with that one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stop Splurging on books. haha
    I think I should also put it on my resolution.

    Hope 2011 will be a great year for you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lah: It's really nice to take a different approach with reviews sometimes, also takes out the monotony in writing reviews...at least it becomes a task I look forward to doing! And funny you joke about it too. But it's really funny!

    Aleetha: I totally have to curtail my spending...I've been spending too much on books lately!

    Happy New Year to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never read To Kill a Mockingbird either. It's on my list for next year, though. Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by! I just read To Kill a Mockingbird a few years ago, I'm horrible when it comes to reading classics. Good Luck with #5 (and the rest)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are so many classics I've missed. I should get to them some day. But there are so many things to read.
    Happy New Years!
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't even think of the book buying...I should have put that on my list. I know that's one I probably couldn't do though.

    have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing you a lovely New Year darling.
    http://paranormalromanceaddict.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I just have to tell you, ARGH feeds on awesomeness, so if you can, drop him some awesome here, and I promise to give some awesome back :D

Right now, because of my really busy schedule, I'm cutting back on receiving awards. So until further notice, me and ARGH would not be accepting awards. But thank you for thinking of us, we really appreciate it!