Title: Flavor of the Week
Author: Tucker Shaw
Publisher: Hyperion Book
ISBN - 10: 0786818905
ISBN - 13: 978-0786818907
Nina's Book Review for Flavor of the Week by Tucker Shaw Stew
1 book Flavor of the Week by Tucker Shaw
28 delicious recipes related to the story
1 lb. nice guy/nice girl/fat guy love triangle
1 whole Cyril aspiring to be a chef and loves Rose
1 whole Rose, beautiful hippie chick
1 whole Nick, nice guy and best friend of Cyril
1 cup thoughtlessly-concocted plan to get Rose for Nick
a dash of pity for Cyril
240 ml orange juice for reader
1 sandwich or a plate of whatever food is available
1 cup curiosity
humor and warm fuzzies, to taste
- Preheat your mood to read books.
- Mix curiosity, book, and 28 delicious recipes until stiff peaks form.
- Take orange juice and sandwich with you while reading, to prevent sudden pangs of hunger while reading through recipes and food that Cyril cooks.
- Read through the book and become quickly endeared by Cyril's talent, humor, and secret longing for Rose.
- Stir in thoughtlessly-concocted plan to get Rose for Nick rapidly, until bubbles of laughter and feelings of jealousy form.
- Have a crush on Nick and hate him at the same time. Love his loyalty to Cyril but get disgusted with his pretentious effort to get Rose.
- Get a bit annoyed at Rose for not seeing through Cyril's secret cooking life immediately. Sympathize with her for trying to ditch boys.
- Continue reading the book until golden brown with author's talent in presenting a light, fast-paced, and creative retelling of Cyrano de Bergerac with Iron Chef elements. Do not decrease heat.
- Throw in 1 lb. of nice guy/nice girl/fat guy love triangle and season with humor and warm fuzzies to excite old and young readers alike.
- When the book gets a bit burned by a hint of predictability, quickly remove from heat and immediately add funny twists to the story.
- Watch out for crisp dialogue forming at the sides of the pan, be sure to mix it together with the other ingredients to improve taste.
- Add some interesting and quirky minor characters for garnish.
- Makes one humorous, touching, and ravenous serving.