Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Teaser Tuesday





Teaser Tuesdays
is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:



  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My Teaser:

My teaser for this week is from Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson.  I picked up this book because a blogger recommended it to me, Zoe of In the Next Room.  I read the synopsis, and realizing that the plot revolves around a girl with anorexia, I grab it.  I don't know, but I am very fascinated with stories that relates to any mental illness.  And although I just started this, I can tell this would be a very good read.


"I am strong enough to do this the potatoes smell so good stay strong, empty empty the potatoes smell strong/empty/strong/breathe/pretend/hold on."  -page 64, Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson


9 comments:

  1. Very lyrical teaser. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaha cute teaser! I'll have to check this book out!

    Here's mine:
    http://www.bookmarkyourthoughts.com/2010/12/teaser-tuesday-december-21st-2010.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've started reading this book - I really need to finish it. Very good teaser!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this in my bookshelf but haven't got the time to read it yet. Will be reading it in 2011. :) thanks for the teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh really excited to read that you've picked this up, I really did love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard great things about this book. I just may have to check it out :o) I'm looking forward to reading your review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice for a teaser. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teaser! thanks for dropping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

I just have to tell you, ARGH feeds on awesomeness, so if you can, drop him some awesome here, and I promise to give some awesome back :D

Right now, because of my really busy schedule, I'm cutting back on receiving awards. So until further notice, me and ARGH would not be accepting awards. But thank you for thinking of us, we really appreciate it!