Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Week in Books


Hi there!  At the end of each week, I will be summarizing the events that happened on this blog, what books were reviewed, what new books I have, and other stuff related to book blogging.

Let's do the report for December 13 - 18, 2010:

December 13, 2010:

1.  Posted my first 10 Good Things on a Monday post, where I will do a random list of whatever stuff to cheer up the Mondays.  My first list was about my favorite book covers.  I encourage my fellow bloggers to do this as well on their blog to help cheer them up and ready themselves for the stress-inducer that is Manic Monday.


2. Posted a book review on Mr. Darcy's Diary by Maya Slater, a book retelling the events in Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen through Mr. Darcy's eyes.


December 14, 2010:

1.  Promoted the 150-Follower Giveaway over at Sniffly Kitty's Mostly Books.  Visit her blog to join.  Ends January 13, 2011.


2. Did a review on Twisted Sisters by Stephanie Hale.  The book was about a college freshman getting into a sorority to investigate her detective friend's niece's mysterious disappearance.



3.  Teaser Tuesday:  "I wrote a final entry in the notebook and closed it, perhaps for good.  I'm gripped by a cherishing so deep."   -page 162, Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

December 16, 2010:

1.  Third Sentence Thursday"Sometimes it just plain sucks." -page 104, Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson

2.  Book review for Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan, a story about two teenagers going around New York for the next clues that may lead to them eventually meeting each other.



December 17, 2010:

1.  Follow Friday.  I would like to thank all bloggers who visited my blog and became a follower.

2.  Posted a review for Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson, a story of a woman left by her lover, with only a diary of a mysterious woman to her son as a clue to her lover's reasons for leaving her.


 December 18, 2010:

1.  Book review for Flavor of the Week by Tucker Shaw, a teenage boy's hidden passion for cooking and secret love for his friend is at risk of exposure when his best friend falls for the same girl.



2.  Our resident monster has a name!  Mr. Austen Robin Gaiman-Holden III, or ARGH.  See more of him in future posts!

Currently Reading:  Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith - Got bored with this one, began reading The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak instead.



----------------------------------------

New books this week:

from NetGalley:
Every Little Thing by Pamela Klaffke
Diagnosis Death by Richard L. Mabry, M.D.
Seven Years by Peter Stamm
I, Emma Freke by Elizabeth Atkinson
In Office Hours by Lucy Kellaway
Evangeline by Gwen Williams

Purchased:
A Spot of Bother by Mark Haddon
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
Somebody Else's Daughter by Elizabeth Brundage
Tokyo Cancelled by Rana Dasgupta
So 5 Minutes Ago by Hilary De Vries
Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
The Color Purple by Alice Walker

That's it, a happy weekend to everyone!

1 comment:

I just have to tell you, ARGH feeds on awesomeness, so if you can, drop him some awesome here, and I promise to give some awesome back :D

Right now, because of my really busy schedule, I'm cutting back on receiving awards. So until further notice, me and ARGH would not be accepting awards. But thank you for thinking of us, we really appreciate it!