Thursday, May 19, 2011

Third Sentence Thursday: One Day by David Nicholls

Third Sentence Thursday

Third Sentence Thursday is a weekly meme which waits with bated breath for third sentences from all over the world!

1) Take the book you are reading now and post the third sentence
2) Review this sentence anyway you want (funny and silly reviews encouraged)
3) Post a link to your sentence here (in the comments) or if you don't have a blog, just post it in the comments!

This week's Third Sentence is from the book, One Day by David Nicholls.

"They'd be millionaires by the time there were twenty-five, Callum insisted, but what would it sound like in a bar? 'Actually, I refurbish computers.'"

Review:  When you started your career, did you really think about how your job would sound like when you talk about it in a bar, or any ultra-cool place/event?  Because if I tell anyone, 'I'm a nurse' people here would look at me and think that I'm such a servant.  Whereas, I used to want to become a lawyer and if that actually worked out, 'I'm a lawyer' would then come off as sounding too high-falutin' and people here would look at me like I'm such a nerd.

I guess I'll be better off saying, 'I fight forest fires.'  Now that sounds every bit humanitarian, honorable, and HOT.

So what do you do?


5 comments:

  1. I blog, and paint (not much) do design and blog.
    My life is too interesting!
    Thanks for dropping by and commenting.Steph
    Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
    Twitter: @fangswandsfairy

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Nina! i know what you mean. people isn't it tragic that in our country people value white collar jobs more? thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog as well. c",)

    3rd sentence @aobibliosphere™

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry for the people typo at the beginning of the last sentence. could ARGH clean it up for me? it might be as tasty as meatballs. lol. thanks! c",)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I blog, read, and work with the Army on the weekends sometimes. Not that interesting but I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I'm an Administrative Assistant for the Finance branch of this Investment Company as a Day-job....and you already know what else I do!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I just have to tell you, ARGH feeds on awesomeness, so if you can, drop him some awesome here, and I promise to give some awesome back :D

Right now, because of my really busy schedule, I'm cutting back on receiving awards. So until further notice, me and ARGH would not be accepting awards. But thank you for thinking of us, we really appreciate it!