Saturday, May 21, 2011

Shelf Saturday Featuring Becky's Book @Becky's Barmy Book Blog

We all love our books, and we want them to have the best shelves ever. Also, this is a new way to sort of show off your book collection, along with your funky shelves.

 ARGH tried fitting himself in a bookshelf but had a hard time doing it.  Big guy learned his lesson :D

For this second edition of Shelf Saturday, let me feature the book case of this blogger friend of mine, Becky @ Becky's Barmy Book Blog:


Becky Barmy Book Blog
My name is Becky, I am 22 and work in a public Library as a Library Assistant. I believe I have the best job in the world. I always have a book with me and can read on average a book every two days. I am hyper, sporty, crazy and love to have fun, but when I have a book in my hand I am in another world.

If you want to talk to me you have to make yourself known, because I won't hear you, I'll be away in my book, it's one of the things my parents hate, they can start having whole conversations that I just won't hear.  LOL

I love my shelves because they are easy to navigate and fit nicely in my room. My room is actually tiny and every free bit of space is filled with books. I only got my main book shelves a few months ago and I love them so much. Makes it so much easier to grab the book I want.

My shelves also host other things. My medals and trophies from my sports (trampolining and diving), Snow globes, Troll toys that I've had since I was really little (they are good luck mascots) and anything else that I need to find in a hurry.


These were the shelves that I had put up when I first moved into my house 10 years ago, originally they were for my 'favourite' books, but now I have so many I love, it hosts the big series' and any others I can fit on really, although a lot would still count as my favourites.  As you can see I have 'Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy on the top shelf along with my Garth Nix collection, my Narnia book and Malorie Blackman Set above the Lemony Snickets, then of course Harry Potter on the bottom shelf with Philip Pullman and Cornelia Funke.  All these books stand as firm favourites.

And yes my walls in my bedroom really are bright yellow - I'm a sunny person!


I have some shelves that are really tall, almost reach my ceiling so I had to take the picture in two halves. These shelves are actually two thin units side by side and then a wider one coming away from the wall making a little corner. It was the only way I could get them all in my room.  As you can see it's very cluttered and stuffed full.

 

You can see what the books are as I have cleared off the clutter. These book are my absolute current favourites - The Hunger Games, House of Night, Morganville Vampires, Wolf Brother by Michelle Paver and Aprilynne Pike.


These are continuation of my favourites, shorter series and just as many books as I can fit on really. As I say I have so many favourites that although I try to get them all near the top, they can't all be up there so some are nearer the bottom, but that doesn't mean they get any less love.

Not much else I can really say. I have another little cubby hole of books under my bed but it's too cramped and dark to get a good picture. There is also a pile of books on my floor! My ultimate dream is to have my own little library room, but for now I'm happy with what I have in the space I've got. I will never have enough space for all my books but they all have there own little places.

I hope you like my jumble of shelves!




That's an awesome lot of books!  My jaw literally dropped when I saw these pictures, Becky you have made me positively jealous of your books!  And the trolls and snow globes are awesome.

 And it's really cool that your walls are painted yellow, it really lets the sunshine and lots of light to get in - very conducive to reading!

And should I need to speak to you, I will make sure to bring a megaphone with me :D

Thank you so much for sharing your shelves Becky!







-----


Think this is a great idea?  Want to have your shelves featured?  Then fill out this form and ARGH and I will email you for details on how to be a movie star - er, how to be featured on Shelf Saturday :D







4 comments:

  1. Hi! Nice to meet you Becky! *waves*

    Wow, you have such amazing bookshelves! I've always wanted shelves that reach the ceiling, but my only go kinda close to the top. You're shelves with your favorite books are so, so neat! Do you put any of your books in alphabetical order or do you just place them where they look nice? In my dream house I want my own private library with the sliding ladders too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super awesome shelves Becky! Thanks Nina for this cool meme :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nina and Argh - it looks awesome.

    T.B - thank you, and I organise them wherever I want them, no real order :D I would love my own big library with sliding ladders too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...

    :O

    Wow.

    My shelf feels very inferior now.

    Great pictures!

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete

I just have to tell you, ARGH feeds on awesomeness, so if you can, drop him some awesome here, and I promise to give some awesome back :D

Right now, because of my really busy schedule, I'm cutting back on receiving awards. So until further notice, me and ARGH would not be accepting awards. But thank you for thinking of us, we really appreciate it!