Thursday, May 26, 2011

Third Sentence Thursday: Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott

Third Sentence Thursday

Third Sentence Thursday is a weekly meme which waits with bated breath for third sentences from all over the world!

1) Take the book you are reading now and post the third sentence
2) Review this sentence anyway you want (funny and silly reviews encouraged)
3) Post a link to your sentence here (in the comments) or if you don't have a blog, just post it in the comments!

This week, my Third Sentence is from Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott.  You will soon read my review about this beautiful and haunting book.

"She is still watching the sky."  -page 69

Review:  Reading this line reminded me of The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson, and actually, there was something about this book that reminded me a bit of The Sky.  This line also evoked hope, which the protagonist of this book seems to have lost, as she *WORDS HIDDEN TO PREVENT SPOILERS*  It would be best if you read this yourself.

I can't believe it's going to be Friday tomorrow already!



3 comments:

  1. Hello. :)
    That is a very haunting sentence. One more for the to-be-read list, I think...

    Here is my Third Sentence: Silsbee @ An Irregular Silsbee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! ^_^

    Hmm.. Watching the sky is a really soothing activity. It makes me hope and look forward and feel happy that I'm alive.

    This is the first time I'm going to join. Here's mine:

    http://theseekergirl.blogspot.com/2011/05/third-sentence-thursday-slayer-of-gods.html

    By the way, can I review any third sentence? Say, the third sentence of the page or the chapter? ^_^ Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Nina! that's a cool sentence. it does evoke hope and longing for something. i just hope she doesn't stare too much. she'd either get blind or have a very painful stiff neck or worse both! c",)


    here's mine for this week:
    3rd sentence @aobibliosphere™

    ReplyDelete

I just have to tell you, ARGH feeds on awesomeness, so if you can, drop him some awesome here, and I promise to give some awesome back :D

Right now, because of my really busy schedule, I'm cutting back on receiving awards. So until further notice, me and ARGH would not be accepting awards. But thank you for thinking of us, we really appreciate it!