Thursday, June 9, 2011

Third Sentence Thursday: Travels in the Scriptorium by Paul Auster

Third Sentence Thursday

Third Sentence Thursday is a weekly meme which waits with bated breath for third sentences from all over the world!

1) Take the book you are reading now and post the third sentence
2) Review this sentence anyway you want (funny and silly reviews encouraged)
3) Post a link to your sentence here (in the comments) or if you don't have a blog, just post it in the comments!

This week, my Third Sentence is from this book that I picked up out of curiosity and because I thought the cover was strangely interesting.  Travels in the Scriptorium is the first book I have read from Paul Auster and you will soon know what I think about it in my book review.

"We were well into the season of white suits by then, but the air that day had been especially hot, bearing down with such stifling heaviness that even the thinnest clothing felt excessive"  -page 70

Review:  It's hot, hot, hot!  That's how it felt here in the Philippines in the past few weeks, with summer in full force and scorching the country, turning everyone into a delightful shade of golden brown.  But now, rainy season is officially here and it's been raining all day for a couple of days now.  So white suits are out now, and in with colorful umbrellas and jackets.



3 comments:

  1. Hmm.. so the Philippines isn't one of the countries where the umbrellas come out in the sun as well as the rain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Nina! your 3rd sentence aptly described what we folks have been experiencing for the past weeks. despite the rains, it still feels so humid. c",)

    3rd Sentence @aobibliosphere™

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that was a good third sentence. I'm burning up now hehe :) I need to be turned a nice shade of brown!! It's been hot hot hot in NYC but I've been inside a friggin office building haha!

    ReplyDelete

I just have to tell you, ARGH feeds on awesomeness, so if you can, drop him some awesome here, and I promise to give some awesome back :D

Right now, because of my really busy schedule, I'm cutting back on receiving awards. So until further notice, me and ARGH would not be accepting awards. But thank you for thinking of us, we really appreciate it!