Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Weekly Book Report 4/11 - 4/17/2011


To all my fellow Filipino book bloggers and book lovers:
 
I bet your jaw just dropped like, on the ground huh?   I found Scrambled Eggs at Midnight by Brad Barkley and Heather Hepler priced at Php 84.75!  That's just almost USD 2.00!  So go splurge now because the sale is on until May 5, 2011 only.

To all my other fellow bloggers who live outside the Philippines, happy Teen Lit Day!  How did you celebrate it?  I tried Rocking the Drop but I was too busy at work so what I did, I brought a number of YA books I own at the hospital where I work and let some patients read them.  These are the books I lent:
  1. Life on the Refrigerator Door by Alice Kuipers - that was passed from patient to patient (I tried to disinfect it every time a patient finishes with it - you can't get too sure it won't carry infection!) and everybody loved it because it was brief but very original and emotion-packed!
  2. Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan - a gay patient picked this up and was so glad to find a book about gay relationships.  
  3. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan - an older patient borrowed this, imagine that, and so far he said that it was really beautifully-written and found it very hilarious and powerful.
I was able to bring three books only because no matter how massive my bag is, it's always crammed full with stuff I don't even know I would ever use but all the same, it's nice to make people smile with books.

And now, for a recap of the past week's happenings, here's my Weekly Book Report:

Book Review:
These Things Hidden by Heather Gudenkauf
 
Features:
Third Sentence Thursday from Zombicorns by John Green
10 Good Things on a Monday  Ten Books I Must Read Pronto!

Other Posts:

What Changed Since I Started Blogging 
About a Book in Four Pictures - Life on the Refrigerator Door by Alice Kuipers
From the Author:
      Wild Child by Mike Wells
      My Sparkling Misfortune by Laura Lond
For Free:
      Zombicorns by John Green - which you can get here for free.

Currently ReadingThe Fire Inside by Raymond Rose

New on the blog:  When you click on an individual blog post, you will find this at the end of the article:

I thought it would be nice to put a description like that as if you were reading a feature off a newspaper.  Don't ask me how long it took me to write those stuff up there, but just to give you an idea, I had to rack my brain for days to try and make it funny.  Or not. 

Moral Lesson for the Day:  Book sales happen rarely.  Grab the opportunity to burn your budget on some really interesting gems.

New Learning for the Week: Do not let patients read books before taking their vital signs - especially if the books have hilarious plots.  Those blood pressure and pulse rates would skyrocket! 

Have a great new week!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I just have to tell you, ARGH feeds on awesomeness, so if you can, drop him some awesome here, and I promise to give some awesome back :D

Right now, because of my really busy schedule, I'm cutting back on receiving awards. So until further notice, me and ARGH would not be accepting awards. But thank you for thinking of us, we really appreciate it!