Wednesday, April 13, 2011

About a Book in Four Pictures: Life on the Refrigerator Door by Alice Kuipers

Inspired by Kyle Tezak and his Four Icon Challenge, I will be creating four pictures on my own - or I will borrow from the internet - that will tell you about a certain  book.  Like book reviews, this will help you learn more about some books out there but without having to read lengthy analysis of plots/characters/etc.  This feature will help feed your curiosity about a particular story in the briefest - and more visual - way possible.  

I was so excited to create another four-picture book synopsis that after posting the introductory post to About a Book in Four Pictures, I immediately screwed my brain up to think of a new book to work on.  For this week, I scoured my bookshelves for a pretty interesting - yet underrated - book that everybody's sure to love.  And I came up with Life on the Refrigerator Door by Alice Kuipers. 


It's all in pink!!!

From the pictures above, this book is all about a mother who is a doctor, and her teenage daughter who lives in the same house but rarely sees each other.  The most common way that they communicate is by leaving notes on the refrigerator.  This story is told through notes posted for mother and daughter that suddenly unravels in the event of shocking news. 

Want to learn more?  Check out the following:



3 comments:

  1. Love the fact that it's all in pink =) Very pretty.

    This sounds like a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! I'm curious about how the key fits in. I like this feature a lot. Bonus points for pink :)

    Oh, and your "The Culprit" description of yourself is hilarious. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! I'm definitely intrigued now!

    ReplyDelete

I just have to tell you, ARGH feeds on awesomeness, so if you can, drop him some awesome here, and I promise to give some awesome back :D

Right now, because of my really busy schedule, I'm cutting back on receiving awards. So until further notice, me and ARGH would not be accepting awards. But thank you for thinking of us, we really appreciate it!