Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Weekly Book Report 4/4 - 4/10/2011


Here's something very unrelated to books:  I was dreaming that my book's pages were ripping off the covers by themselves (OK, so it's mildly book-related) and I kept hearing this flapping sound as that happens.  I got woken up by the flapping sound and I thought it was something in my pillow so I tried to fix it just so, but the flapping sound in my left ear won't stop.  I then realized that an insect had somehow gotten itself stuck inside my ear.  I ran to my Mom to help me get it out and we went to a doctor afterward to make sure that there were no foreign objects left inside and to give me a prescription for antibiotics (I did not tell anyone in the hospital that I am a nurse so they wouldn't put too much pressure/expectations on me being a patient).

When I got home, I was too keyed up to go back to sleep so I had breakfast, checked my e-mail, and did this blog post :D 

And now, for a recap of the past week's happenings, here's my Weekly Book Report:

Book Review:
The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson - a book review written in verse.
Better Together by Raymond M. Rose - received an ebook of this from the author himself!
 
Features:
Third Sentence Thursday from Bandits by LM Preston
10 Good Things on a Monday  Ten Lady Gaga Outfits I Love 

Other Posts:
About a Book in Four Pictures - a new feature here on this blog!
From the Author:
      Bandits by LM Preston - ARC 

Currently ReadingThese Things Hidden by Heather Gudenkauf

New on the blog:  Inspired by the comments I received for my book review for The Sky is Everywhere, I decided to put up a tab - 'Unique Review Formats' - for all the book reviews I wrote that were presented differently/uniquely so you could all go take a look at alternate ways I reviewed a book.  Just to show off showcase some of my weirdness works. 




Moral Lesson for the Day:  If you dream about your books getting ripped page by page with this strange flapping sound, chances are you've got an insect stuck in your left ear and you should wake up pronto!

New Learning for the Week:  I just learned that I could write a new learning for the week every week and will start doing this next week.  (This sentence is full of the word 'week' it made my fingers weak.  Yeah I know, corny.)

Have a great new week!

 

3 comments:

  1. Haha oh Nina, I am so glad you added that tab! You're the most creative reviewer I know!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I would hate to have an insect in my ear! And I love that you wrote a review in verse!

    ReplyDelete

I just have to tell you, ARGH feeds on awesomeness, so if you can, drop him some awesome here, and I promise to give some awesome back :D

Right now, because of my really busy schedule, I'm cutting back on receiving awards. So until further notice, me and ARGH would not be accepting awards. But thank you for thinking of us, we really appreciate it!