Friday, April 8, 2011

Freaky Follow Friday!



Freaky Friday is upon us again, and here in another edition of Follow Friday by Parajunkee's Views is a pretty interesting question that we all need to answer.  But before that question, let me show you the featured blog for this week:




And for the question:

Q. Do you judge a book by its cover?

I typically look up book reviews of a particular book I like.  But when I'm consumed with a desire to splurge on books when I go to bookstores, I am usually lured by the pretty covers so yes, I do judge a book by its cover.  That is why I've fallen victim to pretty-book-cover-bad-books a few times.  I do, however, also got books that did not have that cool a cover but was pretty awesome.  Like this one:


I'm not too crazy about that book cover, but I was pretty intrigued by the title and the synopsis so I went ahead and read it.  It was totally great!  Read my book review of Eating Fire and Drinking Water by Arlene J. Chai here to see what I mean.  Better yet, read the book yourself!

Have a great weekend ahead of you!


14 comments:

  1. I'm drawn to pretty covers :)

    New follower via FF

    Check out my blog if you have time:
    www.tyrasbookaddiction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover is always what gets my attention first. But if the description doesn't impress me I don't buy it! I'm a new follower. My FF is at Coffee Table Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think by nature people are drawn to 'pretty' things.
    Book covers are no exception! Cover Lover's like myself abound in the Book blogger community but I always read the synopsis before buying :o]

    I'm a new follower so hop on by and see me!

    Kristi's FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Thanks for stopping by!
    I think I like series books instead of stand-alone. I like to be part of the story long enough to feel like I know the characters.
    I do understand where you're coming from. I think you'd like the Hunger Games trilogy though if you ever did read it. It's such a quick read because it's just jampacked with action that it doesn't feel like a trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for coming by today! I love the look of your blog---your little monster guy is too cute! I'm a new follower here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you titled your post Freaky Follow Friday. I'm a lot like you with judging a book by its cover. I don't always do it, but pretty covers do lure me to a book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi-I am located in Quezon City!-glad to find you here-I am now a follower of your blog

    Hi, this is my first time to participate in The Friday Follow My Blog Hop-A lot of the 500 or so blogs I do follow join in every week so I thought why not try it-I will happily return all follows

    The Reading Life

    Mel u

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually like that book cover!

    Hopping through :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you about that cover. I'm glad it turned out to be an interesting read. It looks...I don't know. I think of mythology when I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Nina, just stopping by on the follow. Great blog you have. Much luck!
    Have a terrific weekend reading !!!
    See ya!
    Dana
    Readaholics Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty covers lure me in person too - that's why I try to buy online because I can read reviews and ratings and not just guess based off the shiny pretty covers.

    Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  12. Old Follower . www.thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hiya, thanks for having a look at my blog via this weeks follow on Friday feature I'm now a new follower!

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do love a good looking cover but I do like picking up books that others recommend for one reason or another :)

    New Follower :)

    Please Stop by, I'm starting a new with a fresh look.  Let me know what you think.

    Black Disaster Fairy
    A World of Personality

    ReplyDelete

I just have to tell you, ARGH feeds on awesomeness, so if you can, drop him some awesome here, and I promise to give some awesome back :D

Right now, because of my really busy schedule, I'm cutting back on receiving awards. So until further notice, me and ARGH would not be accepting awards. But thank you for thinking of us, we really appreciate it!