Thursday, April 7, 2011

About a Book in Four Pictures

This is a new feature on my blog, Brush Up On Your Reading, inspired by Kyle Tezak and his Four Icon Challenge.  On this segment, I will tell you about a book - it could either be something I've already read or not - using four pictures that I will draw mostly, but sometimes I might also use some pictures from the internet (which will be credited).  Through my pictures, you will try to understand the plot of the story.

Here is an example that will also serve as my very first About a Book post:

I am basing this story on the native story and not the Red Riding Hood book and movie version that were just recently released.

So from the picture, we can infer that it is a story about a girl who wears a read hood that a wolf wanted to eat.  She picks flowers on her way to her grandmother's house and while doing so, the wolf sneaks into the house and eats her grandmother whole and disguises himself as the granny.  When Little Red Riding Hood arrives, she was eventually eaten by the wolf but a huntsman who's after the wolf's skin rescues them by cutting the wolf's belly with an ax and the girl and her grandmother gets out.

I will be doing this randomly, I do not really have a set schedule for this post so better stay tuned to catch my next posts.
 





4 comments:

  1. I love this feature! I can't wait to see what pictures you come up with for future books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a a really neat feature! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete

I just have to tell you, ARGH feeds on awesomeness, so if you can, drop him some awesome here, and I promise to give some awesome back :D

Right now, because of my really busy schedule, I'm cutting back on receiving awards. So until further notice, me and ARGH would not be accepting awards. But thank you for thinking of us, we really appreciate it!