Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Great Memetastic Reveal!

Last week, I was given the Memetastic Award from Cat of Cat's Thoughts and let me just again tell her Thank You!  So if you recall, one of the instructions was to provide four partially true stuff about me, and one that is completely true and let readers guess which is which.  This post is dedicated to revealing the true and not-so true statements ARGH and I told you, our awesome readers.


Mine:
  1. I was born on the day John Lennon was killed. - Not entirely true.  I was born December 8,  but not in 1980.  I'm still in my twenties so that can't be :D
  2. I have an older brother. - Not true.  I do have a brother, but he is younger than me.
  3. Two days ago, I gave a speech about the dangers of Malaria in a small town north of the city. - Not true.  I did give a speech but it was about Dengue fever.
  4. I have never read any book of Harry Potter in my entire life. - So TRUE!  I don't know if I should be ashamed of that fact but yes, I have not yet read NOR watched any Harry Potter for the simple fact that I don't like series much.  This might change in the future, though.
  5. I am the only female among my cousins on my father's side. - Not true.  I used to be the only female among my cousins on my  father's side until I was eleven years old, when my newest female cousin was born.
ARGH's:
  1. He descended from a noble family of bookworms. - Nope, not true.  He descended from a family of bookworms.  Not a noble family, just bookworms.
  2. He loves eating meatballs while hanging upside down from the ceiling. - Not true.  He could not even hang down from the ceiling to save his life!
  3. A famous author once wrote a journal post with ARGH's name as its title. - TRUE.  Neil Gaiman wrote a blog post entitled ARGH just recently in January. 
  4. He loves books like Hannibal by Thomas Harris, The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger, The Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld, and The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. - Only partially true.  Although he does love most of these books, if you have read a previous discussion post about first person versus third persona narration, you would know that ARGH prefers third-person narratives and therefore is not a really big fan of The Catcher in the Rye.
  5. He is a very cute and small monster. - Nope.  He is a very cute but HUGE monster.
Did you guess correctly?  Well then you're all kinds of awesome!  But if not, that's okay, but I do hope we gave you a good laugh.  Have a great day everyone!





5 comments:

  1. Hi! I am a new follower from Filipino Book Bloggers! You have a great blog! Happy Reading! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations from Hands and Home! I have chosen you for the One Lovely Blog Award http://handsandhome.blogspot.com/2011/02/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Harry Potter?! Oh no! Since all the books are published now you can look at it like one really long book instead of a series :P

    My sister's birthday is also December 8th :) You speech sounds so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I was hoping I was wrong about Harry Potter LOL!!!!! Well, I hope you try it out this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marrion: Fellow Pinoy! Thanks for following, glad you liked the blog :D

    Bonnie: Thank you!

    Small Review: Yeah, I think I'll do that. I'll try to pick a month dedicated to reading just all the Harry Potter books :D

    Lah: I was actually laughing my head off on your previous comment when you said you hoped it was not the Harry Potter thing :D I might just try it out.

    ReplyDelete

I just have to tell you, ARGH feeds on awesomeness, so if you can, drop him some awesome here, and I promise to give some awesome back :D

Right now, because of my really busy schedule, I'm cutting back on receiving awards. So until further notice, me and ARGH would not be accepting awards. But thank you for thinking of us, we really appreciate it!