Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: The Brethren by John Grisham


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two "teaser" sentences from that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! You don't want to ruin the book for others!
* Share the title and author so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!

My Teaser:
 
I'm reading The Brethren by John Grisham.  Most of my earlier books were of his stories and I've always liked his style of writing.  I used to dream of being a lawyer and I looked up to him as a role model.  Funny how I got into the health care instead. 

“It began with the sound of a bomb, then footage of the Marine barracks in Beirut; smoke, rubble, chaos, Marines being pulled from debris, mangled bodies, Marines lying dead in a neat row.”

-page 65,
The Brethren by John Grisham

Sounds a bit too morbid?  I am so excited to see how all these will unfold and I can't wait to sure my review of this book to you, so watch out for that.    
 

6 comments:

  1. If this is the one I think it is, I HATED the ending. I look forward to your review.

    Here's ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/02/tuesday-teaser-train-from-marietta-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it does sound a little bit morbid ..
    I have read only one John Grisham, which was a short story. Anyway, will be looking forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a bit of Grisham for a change in pace at our place. Great teaser.

    here is my TT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this one...Grisham does have a way of packing lots of action into his sentences. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's my TEASER TUESDAYS

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an intense teaser!

    Hope you get a chance to stop by Gone with the Words for this week's Teaser Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only read Grisham's The Associate which did not impress me. But he writes well.
    This book sounds like it might be better.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete

I just have to tell you, ARGH feeds on awesomeness, so if you can, drop him some awesome here, and I promise to give some awesome back :D

Right now, because of my really busy schedule, I'm cutting back on receiving awards. So until further notice, me and ARGH would not be accepting awards. But thank you for thinking of us, we really appreciate it!