Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Weekly Book Report 2/28 - 3/4/11


So.  Things are getting really hectic and I could not even do a Follow Friday post this week!  Really sorry about that.  But because I scheduled enough posts to last me a year (okay, that's an exaggeration - a week), I was able to make it through the whole week without this blog looking to 'dead.'  And looking back in the week, I realized I still did a good enough job because you obviously enjoyed most of the posts I put up (ARGH is smirking).  So why don't I take you back on the week that was and enjoy the stuff that was meant to make you really really happy?

Book Reviews (there were only two :-[ ):
My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares
The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve

Author Interview:
Awesome Author Interview with Haresh Daswani who wrote Evolution of Insanity

Features:
10 Good Things on a Monday  Awesome Author Edition - Haresh Daswani
Teaser Tuesday from My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares
Third Sentence Thursday from The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve

Other Posts:

Books Received:

Gift from The Boyfriend (I love him!):
     My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares - reviewed 
     The Angel's Game by Carlo Ruiz Zafon
     Room by Emma Donoghue
     The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
 
Gift from Friends: 
     The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve - reviewed
     Sea Glass by Anita Shreve

Currently ReadingRoom by Emma Donoghue

Have a great weekend!

 

6 comments:

  1. I loved The Handmaid's Tale, I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been eyeing this on bookstores for the longest time but I never got the chance to pick up a copy because I still have a lot of books on my list. It was really great that while searching for books, The Boyfriend found a copy of this one on sale and remembered that I wanted this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I've got My Name is Memory, Room and The Angel's Game on my tbr list.
    Hope you enjoy them.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/in-my-mailbox-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still love your interview with ARGH. It was too funny. Lol.

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love The Angel's Game. But I think The Shadow of the Winds is better. Have you read it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sally: I loved My Name is Memory, and I'm really looking forward to read The Angel's Game, so excited!

    Kelsa: Looks like someone's having trouble moving on :D

    Playing.Librarian: I haven't read that yet. This is my first Zafon book ever.

    ReplyDelete

I just have to tell you, ARGH feeds on awesomeness, so if you can, drop him some awesome here, and I promise to give some awesome back :D

Right now, because of my really busy schedule, I'm cutting back on receiving awards. So until further notice, me and ARGH would not be accepting awards. But thank you for thinking of us, we really appreciate it!