Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Room by Emma Donoghue


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two "teaser" sentences from that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! You don't want to ruin the book for others!
* Share the title and author so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!

My Teaser:
Technically, as you can see on my sidebar, I am currently reading The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood.  However, I haven't really started it already so I thought I could still share a teaser from Room by Emma Donoghue.  I really loved this book, and I will be posting a review shortly.  Watch out for that!

'The way she says it, it's strange.  I think she's pretending.  "You have to know.  You know everything."'

-page 59, Room by Emma Donoghue

   
 

12 comments:

  1. Great teaser for this book! We read this one and loved it too!

    Here's a link to our teasers this week if you get a chance to come by: Here's ours if you get a chance to stop by: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/03/tuesday-teasers-3-this-week.html

    Here's our review of ROOM if you want to check it out: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2010/10/room-by-emma-donoghue-is-must-read-for.html Let us know when your review is up and we'll link to it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want to read this book. I hear it's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just listened to an interview with Emma Donoghue and now I really want to read this!

    I have a couple of teasers today from Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've really been wanting to read Room for the longest time and I also look forward to your review of Margaret Atwood. Come see my teaser here:

    http://bookbelle0819.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-weekly-meme-hosted-by-miz-b-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this one waiting to be read on my kindle. I will be looking out for your review.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm.. been seeing this book everywhere lately. I will look forward to your review.

    Here's my TT from an Agatha Christie novel:
    http://www.playinglibrarian.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesdays-halloween-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of this book, but I'm liking the cover and the teaser for it. :)

    Here's mine for this week: http://amateurvoicekp.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday-dead-space-martyr.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good teaser! I've got this one sitting on my "must read" shelf right now. Hope to get to it soon. Thanks for reminding me!

    TT: A Book of One's Own

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read mixed reviews about Room, Nina. I guess it is the type of book you have to read for yourself to make a decision on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your teaser, I always like reading about books I haven't seen yet :) I hope you can stop by mine!

    www.lulu-bookaddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you everyone for dropping by, I really enjoyed reading this book and my book review for Room is already up! You can read it here: http://buoyreading.blogspot.com/2011/03/book-review-room-by-emma-donoghue.html

    ReplyDelete

I just have to tell you, ARGH feeds on awesomeness, so if you can, drop him some awesome here, and I promise to give some awesome back :D

Right now, because of my really busy schedule, I'm cutting back on receiving awards. So until further notice, me and ARGH would not be accepting awards. But thank you for thinking of us, we really appreciate it!